Sunday, July 5, 2015

Dead Week Is Over!

Ladies,

It's been a long week without you. I have completed my training - have you?

Tomorrow we start back with the routine. The summer is more than half over now, and in a few short weeks we start the actual season. With this in mind, the last few weeks of summer need to be more focused on getting us ready to train hard when the fall comes.

This week we'll look at two things - getting standard distance up again, and doing more sustained moderate effort. A few of you have taken the opportunity to race local 5k's, and you can see how the sustained effort to do one is difficult if you don't practice the technique. It's important to have race-specific training, and sustained effort runs give us just that.

I will be gone for the week. My wife, who ultimately is in charge of my life, picked this week for our vacation. Once again, I will get my training - will you? Coach Jo, Coach Amy, and Coach Jill will be with you this week, and should be familiar with the plan. I even bought Coach Jo a bull whip. She has permission to use it as she sees fit.

All kidding aside, get to practice as often as you can. Do what you can. Get into a consistent routine now. Season will be upon us before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment