Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cross-training

Ladies,

Though we have large numbers, I have no desire to see anyone hurt. Injuries will happen no matter what we do, but we don't have to go looking for trouble. For that reason I'm trying to be somewhat cautious with your training this summer. I will adjust numbers up and down as I see fit, so be patient.

One of the big changes this summer is cross-training. I want to incorporate more into what we are doing for cardio fitness. This Friday I'm going to call for the first foray into that area. I am planning on a riding component to the training. This is voluntary! If you would rather run, by all means, come and run. However, if you want to try something new, bring a bike and helmet to practice. I'll keep it short, and we'll reserve some time for Frisbee Football or whatever game it was Alannah was talking about. It should be fun either way. Plan for practice to be 15 minutes longer so we can train and play.

Tomorrow I will likely pull back miles on a few of you girls. We've done well, and I don't want to get greedy. You gals are such hard workers it's easy for me to get carried away.

Hey! Get your physical yet? How about stretching? Ice? Shoes? Don't think I've forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment