Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thursday on the Trail

Ladies,

As promised, today was easier. We went a bit shorter for most, and a couple rode. Tomorrow will be a different day - it may be easier in some ways, or harder, depending on you.

I will split the workout. Those that bring bikes will ride. Those that don't will run. It's not that I'm trying to split the team as much as I'm offering different methods of training. If it works we'll do more; if it doesn't, we will do it differently, but there will be cross-training options throughout the summer.

One of my wishes was that I would be able to add additional workouts for those willing to come, but that so far has been a more difficult thing to arrange than I previously planned. One way to go about that would be to extend Thursday workouts to include a ride. There are logistical problems with that though... as in, where do we put the bikes until we ride? I would hate to see someone get a bike stolen. For now, I'm stewing on that one.

I could have a later workout, but that's another stress on parents that have to drive, or runners that work or have other activities. Then there's supervision. If the group is small, I can easily supervise. If all 21 runners ride, that could be another matter. At that point it's almost worth having a SAG vehicle. Anyway... I'm working on it.

As for tomorrow, it will be a short ride/run, then we will play. It's a nice way to end the first two weeks, and a nice change of pace. I'm also looking forward to learning a new game!

See you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment