Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hatchery

Ladies,

Does this look familiar? Yup, that dog we saw at the Hatchery? I was mistakenly calling it a Corgi, but in actuality it was a Basenji. It's an African breed, notable for its unique yodeling bark and the ability to climb wire fences with ease. It is also listed as the second least trainable dog.

Today we ran the Hatchery, distances were 6, 5, and 4 miles. In the second mile we threw in a one-mile Indian run, and I had to chuckle when I heard Danielle's war whoop every time she wanted someone else to take the lead. Very, very cute.

Zoe was given a large task - I wanted her to catch up to Danielle and Shelby, who'd opened a pretty big gap. She did, and did it in a most excellent fashion. I was really impressed.

The truth is I'm seeing a lot of improvement all around. We're not completely healthy, but we are getting better. Season starts soon, and I'm hoping we're really ready to turn it on at that point.

Tomorrow we swim at BNL, 8 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment