Sunday, July 15, 2012

Limestone 5k and more

Ladies,

We had a pretty good week of training, and it capped with the Limestone 5k. This was not a race I wanted to see 100% effort applied, to the point the finishing times are not that important. What I really wanted to see was how the race panned out for you, what you were thinking about throughout, and what you learned. If you got a great finish, fantastic; if not, you still learned from it.

That said, the top finisher was Danielle. She was the 3rd person in the age group, which is actually a strong finish, considering 1 and 2 were the Crane sisters. They've been training all summer, I know, I've seen them out there regularly. It was a strong showing, even if it didn't feel like it.

Shelby and Zoe ran in together, and they looked controlled when they passed me on the course (around 1.5 miles in). I know it was easier than you wanted to do, but you followed directions.

Morgan and Chloe came in together a bit later, and since this is the first 5k for both, I can't find fault with anything at all.

I will be asking you girls about your races tomorrow. Be ready!

All this week we'll be at BNL. We need to do this to facilitate athletes we are sharing with soccer. That's okay; we need to start running hills now anyway. It's going to get harder ladies, starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment