Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wow!

Ladies,

I am truly impressed. Today is nothing short of an unqualified success! You ran that bake sale like pros- you handled everything that came up, and you did it on your own (well, maybe some help on baking - heh). You raised a good deal of money, and should now have more than enough to purchase your warm-ups and shirts.

Summer is over for me. I go back to work Monday, and that means practice will be at BNL from now on - except the possibility of Saturday. We can't run on the roads anymore, but we can meet at different locations on Saturdays. More on that discussion later.

With regards to regular after-school practice, it will begin at 3:30 at the course. You'll need to get over there ASAP. I've been told I have bus duty after school, so I won't get there quite as early as I'd hoped, but the soccer lockers should be open regardless. Please, make your best effort to be there on time.

Rotating Captain week one is over, and I think we all can agree Alli did an outstanding job. Bret is next; her task is to help get you inexperienced runners ready for our first race, a week from Monday. Bret is an excellent choice, because of all you ladies, she has far more racing experience than anyone. She's been doing 5ks since she was 7. And winning. That's worth listening to!

No comments:

Post a Comment