Friday, August 7, 2015

Uniforms and Junk

Ladies,

It was another great workout today. The miles are going to quickly add up, as will the work level. With that in mind, let me remind you as we head into the weekend of a few things.


  1. We practice 6 days a week. Yes, even Saturday. Your opponents will, and if I'm being honest, some teams even encourage girls to run on Sundays (unofficially). I am not. I don't want ANYONE running on Sundays. Rest. You're going to need it.
  2. Stay in good shoes. If you don't, very quickly the pain is going to set in. Trust me on this one... shoes are cheaper than a doctor's visit. 
  3. Come to practice every day, but if you can't, contact me personally. I am not a hardcase, I will work with you, but please, no messages through friends about maybe you couldn't come because there was this thing and you didn't know what you should do if that guy wanted to contact you... you get the idea. 
  4. Keep me informed about any extra training you might be doing. I won't necessarily say no, but I definitely need to have an idea of what your training load actually is.
  5. Ice anything you even think might be getting sore. Stay ahead of injury. 
  6. Get your sleep. You can't absorb your training if you don't let the body rest. 
  7. Don't be afraid to eat. You need food to fuel that body. You're going to run enough that weight won't be a problem. 
  8. Give what you have at practice, try to be your best, try to challenge your friends and teammates. 
Uniforms
Looks like we are coming to crunch time. We'll need sizes, so let's get those to Carrie tomorrow. 

I spoke with the coaches after I spoke to you girls, and they think maybe I went a little too far with my request about bottoms. I know I'm an old guy, so let me soften a bit. Absolutely no bikini bottoms! (How's that for soft?) If you girls can find tasteful spanks or something like AND you all agree on it, I can live with it. It may not be my preference, but I'm not president. 

See you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment