Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm getting pumped for this!

Ladies,

I got a very great vibe yesterday during practices. I think you guys are feeling it, taper, and I think Saturday is going to be a great day. I also took some time to look at the Terre Haute Sectional times. You know what I know?

At least some of you girls will be running next week in Brown County.

I hope our team goes, I really do. I think there's a fair chance that does happen. That said, even if it doesn't, I think we get individuals out. How many, I can't say, but someone from Bedford will run in Brown County next week.

I think Salem has run as fast as they can. I don't see any way they run faster, and there's a fair chance they run worse. I think our best race will be Saturday. Don't ask how I know, I feel it, I can feel the momentum shifting. We are better than all the rest of the teams.

Here's something else to think about... Terre Haute is a much flatter course than ours, and the times they had were not much faster than ours. I can see a crazy scenario where one of the Terre Haute schools might not beat Salem (or us).

Look, we've got our work cut out. Nothing has changed there. We have to be better. We will be better. The quality of the field will be better, no question, but I think we'll have more determination to be better, to win those open slots if nothing else.

We'll meet tomorrow morning at 9 AM at BNL. Get revved!

No comments:

Post a Comment