Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Quick-hit comments

Ladies,

First, thanks again to Madison and Alli. You are helping, even by simply being there.

Second, I will be taking a bus on Saturday. If you make it, fine, if you don't, fine. It is completely voluntary. If you want to go, be ready to leave by 7:45 AM by the pool. Also bring money for lunch.

Third, uniforms will need to be returned. So far I have Nicole's, Keeley's top, and McKena's uniform. I don't believe anyone else has turned one in yet.

Finally, after your rest, I strongly advise you plan your winter activities in a way to include conditioning. Coach Spence was encouraging runners to swim over the winter, and I don't think that's a bad idea at all. I started life as a swimmer, and it helped my running IMMENSELY. This would be an especially smart move for girls in rehab (Bret, Morgan, McKena) who want to maintain fitness for whatever sport comes next. It's a non-impact workout that builds upper-body strength (Bret!) and VO2 (all). And, having watched you girls swim, I can tell you there are several on the team that could help the swimmers now!

Hey, it's another letter, another item to put on a college resume, and they could use the help. Just sayin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment