Monday, October 21, 2013

This week

Ladies,

We had a few ladies come out to help Carrie run today - Bret, Alli, and Madison - thanks a bunch! It really does make a difference. Tomorrow Carrie will be running quarters on the track. Come and yell for her if you have the time!

Moving forward to this weekend, the meet for the girls starts at 11:15. Coaches' meeting is at 9:30, it's an hour-and-a-half drive, so... 7:45 would be the likely departure time. It's going to be cold, and it will be a long time out in the weather.

Now you are all welcome to come to the meet - you've earned the privilege. I welcome you to do so. However, here's what you need to understand:


  • I can get a bus, but I will only do so if we have enough girls to make it necessary. I can take up to 3 girls in my car (with permission from the school). 
  • If you ride the bus with me, you have to ride home with me unless you fill out the paperwork. Likely as not most of your parents won't be showing for the meet, and some of you might be tempted to try to get me to let you ride with another person to leave earlier. I cannot do this under any circumstances!
  • You may drive yourselves to the meet - you have as much right to do so as any other spectator. If you don't want to be constrained by the rules, this would be your best option. 
The long and the short of it is this; I would love for anyone who wants to come to this meet to come. I would love to provide transportation. Just understand, for liability reasons, once you ride up there with me, you are riding back with me (unless the paperwork is submitted beforehand). If you want to come and then split before we do, drive yourselves. 

I have to let the Athletic Department know by Wednesday whether or not I'll need a bus. Therefore, I need to know by tomorrow night what you folks plan to do. 

Okay, turning back the page a bit to Saturday's meet...

The analysis isn't hard to figure out... we were tapered for Tuesday. That was my call, because the way things were going there was no guarantee we'd get out. Without a terribly large base, the peak didn't last long. Couple that with a quick turnaround (Tuesday to Saturday) and horrendous course conditions, and finally a far-too-fast first 800, and well... things didn't go the way we'd like. 

I don't feel bad about your effort, because I know everyone did what they could. I feel bad for the team, especially the seniors. I let you down, and for that I'm sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment