Thursday, October 30, 2014

A few days have gone by...

Ladies,

It's been a bit now since things have ended, though for me it hasn't slowed down much. Two weeks might sound like a lot of time to prepare for our banquet, but it isn't. This yearbook thing has been made much tougher by my recent computer crash. I've gotten the hardware situation straightened out, but the powers that be haven't come through with the software. So... I'm doing the best I can. I will have something ready, I'm sure. I hope it's up to snuff!

A big THANK YOU to the parents that are pulling this all together. I know it's a stress for you folks as well. It's for a great cause, so let's hang in there.

I have put in the request for awards to our Athletic Department. There is nothing that assures me it will be done in time. That might be one step too far for this short time frame. Four Seasons takes however long they do to complete things. No way to rush that along.

So I decide to type some stuff to you guys tonight... seems odd not hearing from you. That's as it has to be though... in fact, unless you are currently in another sport, Coach Spence is your coach from here forward until track is over. Coach Scott is also a contact you need to make in order to get your off-season/pre-season training instructions.

Anyway, while typing my computer starts buzzing with texts. (That's right, my computer. MacBooks can handoff to iPhones and vice versa) Earlier I'd asked for some photos to finish the yearbook, and hadn't received too much of a response (thank you, Diana!). I'd given it up for dead when this came in.

I remember that day, but I have to tell you, I didn't remember Zoe being part of it. That was one of the last kids' triathlons we held at BNL. WOW! That is a long time ago! It just blows my mind to see stuff like this. What a cutie! I don't know how you're alive - what mother could resist smothering that face with kisses?

A reminder about State meet... I can't go. I promised to help a friend run his first marathon (unless we made it to State!). I recommend anyone interested in going to car pool and head over. It's an eye-opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment