Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rest, and more

Ladies,

I know you have been taking advantage of break to rest, and you should. You are welcome to practice with us in the morning, I just want you to know that. Anything I do, you are always welcome to join. Standing rule.

We did 5 miles with 30 second pickups. It was not a hard run at all. Carrie, Joslyn, and Zoe all handled it with aplomb. (look that up, Kate!)

Tomorrow we are doing 4 miles, and we are going to visit Stack Rock. Coach Jill has never seen it. We have to rectify that situation.

I am taking a bus to Semi-State. Everyone is invited. I can't see leaving BNL before 9:45-10:00 AM Saturday. We get to sleep in and cruise over. It's a short drive, even with traffic, so I don't foresee trouble.

The following week, State meet weekend, I won't be available. However... if you want to go see State, I highly recommend it. It's always a good idea to see the atmosphere. This year there is another good reason - Coach Amy is getting an award.

For those that don't don't, Coach Amy was 6th in the State meet as a high school runner. Pretty high speed! This year marks the 25th anniversary of that finish, and she will receive a plaque to honor her accomplishment. As I said, I cannot go, but if a few of you want to band together, it could be a fun day.


No comments:

Post a Comment