Saturday, October 18, 2014

So close!

Ladies,

It was so close. Sooooo close. We beat Shakamak. We beat Northview. It was looking good. Then Salem walked up and handed me their sticks. 12 points. Dangit. It was a clear win, and they earned it. No hard feelings.

But I don't have to like it.

No, don't get me wrong. I am not unhappy with you girls. If we look at where we were when we started and compare that to where we are now, we are a much stronger team. You all improved greatly over the course of this season, and there's just so much you can ask. I think you gave it your all.

But next year, forget Semi-State. Let's go to State!

For now, let me just say you did a wonderful job, and for me personally this was maybe the most enjoyable season as a coach I've ever had. That's a tribute to each and every one of you.

In the short term, it's time to rest. Some of you will go on to other sports, which is great. Those that aren't, take a little time off, but you have to keep busy over the winter. I have a running group that meets regularly, and you are welcome to join any time. We've had high schoolers and younger run with us all the time, so that wouldn't be unusual.

Run together. Run with Coach Jo, Coach Vance, or Coach Spence. But run!

Speaking of running, looks like we will practice at the Milwaukee every morning this week at 9 AM. All are welcome.

I will work through the meet and write a bit more about it this week. For now, I'm going to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment