Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Ol' Milwaukee

Ladies,

That 5 miles went easily, didn't it? That's taper talkin' baby!

In the next two weeks, the best thing we can do is rest. Next, we have to run enough to stay loose and stay in contact with running "feel". That doesn't mean we start running everything faster, oh no... that wouldn't be rest.

Tonight I kept running to the front, not because I wanted to be up there; quite the opposite. I had planned to run off the back tonight. When I saw girls taking off from the pack - hard - I knew I'd better get up there and control it some. That's a good problem to have, isn't it? That's it's easy to run too fast?

Cynthaney ran the fastest 5 miles she's ever run tonight. That is taper. She wasn't even really breathing hard. Ladies, just like she came in from two days of not running and ran her fastest time - by far - can you imagine how you're going to feel this weekend?

We are getting through Sectional, no doubt. We want momentum taking us into Regional. Let's get some this weekend! For Madison!

Practice at BNL tomorrow, 3-4 miles, done by 4:15-4:30 at the latest. Mr. Gatti's at 6:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment