Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 2 Post-Bill

Ladies,

Don't get too used to Coach Amy - I'm coming back on Monday, ready to go! I hate that I'm gone, and I'm sorry for that. Hopefully it will be worth it.

I'm not sure how things have gone with you the last two days. I'm sure it's been hot. Stick with it. The weather will cool soon enough. You'll get the reward then.

Someone contacted me today asking if we are still taking runners for the team. Yes! Of course we are - in fact, I was counting on the fact we would probably get a few. We're trying to get Coach Amy on the staff, paid... more runners makes that more and more likely. We can use the help, and she (and Coach Jo) has/have certainly helped a bunch.

Enjoy the Saturday off - I feel comfortable doing this because you've had a great summer, you are in a transition week moving to the tougher BNL course, and it has been unbearably hot. Sleep in if possible, and make the most of it. It likely won't happen again this season.

Take care, and I will see you all again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bill! You EARNED the right to see how you stack up against America's best triathletes this weekend-that doesn't happen every day! Totally worth it...
    You'd be so proud of these girls. It was stiflingly hot and humid during yesterday's tempo run, but they gave awesome efforts all around. We did, in fact, get a new runner yesterday. A tough one too, Katlyn is a sophomore who jumped right in with them yesterday, held her own and even came back today. She's a great addition to the team. Yes, her physical is in :)
    Today's easy pace was unanimously appreciated by all 13 of them, as will be tomorrow's chance to sleep in.
    We'll see you Monday. Till then you've got some big racing to do! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Enjoy the experience and the chance to compete!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete