Friday, August 16, 2013

Miscellaneous

Ladies,

This is going to be a bit of a scattershot post, mainly because I can't focus. It's been a pretty hectic week on a lot of fronts, and by now I'm completely frazzled. Hang in there, and maybe something will make sense. At the very least you should have something to club me with in the morning.

First, we are practicing on the old railroad bed tomorrow behind the East Lawrence Water Company. This is located just west of Limestone Run Road. You know where I'm talking about... we park past the pole barn and we'll run straight in. It's about a mile to the back, and I figure we can run that a few times to get our distance. I like the idea because it is flat and short enough that, even if we split up, we'll be close throughout the run. We also have water every 2 miles if necessary. Should be a nice run.

Second, we'll have to do some of it hard. We have our first race in a little over a week. We need some longer, steadier running before then so it won't be a shock when we race. I think you are fit, I think you are strong, but we need something a bit more race-specific. The timing is about right. Let's do it.

Next we come to rotating captains. I am going to list them in alphabetical order, assigning a number correspondingly... like this...


  1. Alli
  2. Bret
  3. Carlee
  4. Chloe
  5. Danielle
  6. Lauren


Now I'll ask the redhead to pick a number. Whichever number she says will be the first captain. Here we go... <sound of footsteps to staircase>...

"Hey Leisa, give me a number between 0-7!"
"5."

<footsteps back to computer>
Lessee... Alli... Bret... Carlee... oh, the suspense is KILLING me... Chloe... DANIELLE! Danielle is number 5. That means Danielle gets the first turn as captain this season. Here's how it will work - Danielle is now captain until our first meet is over. Then we draw again, and a new person is drawn. No one gets another turn until everyone has gone. At the end we'll allow you to vote your captain(s) in.

So Danielle... any little trick or activity you've been DYING to try, this is your time!


No comments:

Post a Comment