Thursday, August 22, 2013

The next few days

Ladies,

I'm just getting home at the 9 o'clock hour - I left practice, ate a quick bite, then worked concessions at the BMS football game. It's been a long day, so don't expect a long post tonight.

You are on the verge of the first meet of the year. I cannot decide what to expect, only that we'll have some surprises. Some may be good, some may be bad, but I'm assured things will ultimately work out for you in the end. Whatever happens on Monday, keep the long view.

Some of you are nicked up a bit, and so we'll take it really easy the next two days. We need to run, but I'll likely reduce the miles for most of you. These sore knees, shins, and ankles need a chance to heal before we start speed work next week. I don't want to lose the miles, but I sure don't want to lose the girls, either.

Over the next few days, start to visualize your race you want to have. Be smooth up the hills, stretch out downhill, be strong everywhere else. Be confident. Be in control. Pick your way through a crowd of girls who went out too hard. Get them, one by one. Bring your race home strong in the end.

You gals are great. I can't wait to see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment