Monday, September 15, 2014

Fortune Smiles Upon You

Ladies,

I took it as an omen that you were not meant to run today. That's right, when the storm clouds suddenly gathered, it was clear you needed another rest day after that fine display on Saturday. I would have preferred to get at least 5k in, but it is what it is.

Of course that means you should be all the more ready to run tomorrow, and run you shall. We will be doing intervals, 800s to be exact. They will be hard, I won't lie. There is no choice - if you want to get to Semi-State, you have to earn it. This is how it is done.

I'm in a bit of a pickle after the computer crash trying to determine precisely what your pace is. The computer had all my notes and such, so I'll have to rely on the blog entries to determine what I can. What I will be able to get from the blog is your pace from last week. That will be enough, I think.

What we really want out of the workout is an even effort. By that I mean I don't want to see an explosive quarter followed by a fading quarter. I want to see you girls hit the numbers when you should, not before. It will do you no good to teach yourself to explode early. That's not where your best race is, and I won't have it.

Looking at the race results from Saturday, it seems like reasonable numbers might go like:

Joslyn/Carrie - 3:10
Kaitlyn/Madison/Zoe - 3:15
Chelsey/Diana - 3:30
Cynthany/Sara/Kate - 3:50

Let's start there and see where it goes.

The countdown is already beginning. End of season will be here before you know. Sectional only four weeks away? Yup. Let's really dig in here the next three weeks and see what we can accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment