Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A lot better!

Well, that sure went better today!

I can't say you gals enjoyed it, but I warned you, didn't I? Running in the water is not easy, it's not fun, but it does condition you. Sometimes it's the only training a runner can do. Imagine doing it every day for 8 weeks!

Hopefully today gave all of you the rest you needed without conceding training. I wanted a full hour of aerobic activity, and that's what we got. Between the running (half an hour), kicking, and swimming, you all did around 1500 yards. That's not a lot for a swimmer, but it's a ton for a runner. Good job!

We are handling the Middle School Invite tomorrow. The consensus of the team was we should meet at the pool at 4 PM, run 4-5 miles, then go to the meet. We will need to work the chute, monitor the course, and do whatever other ancillary activity Mr. Callahan deems necessary. We want the even to go as smoothly as possible for everyone. Afterwards, it might be a great idea to schmooze it up with the yunga gurlz. Make them feel welcome, fill them with empty promises like, I don't know, "I'll make you popular!" (instant classic, and one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time).

As for myself, I can't wait to see how my BMS kids run, in particular Chelsey and Zoe (of course). I also have my eye on a couple of other prospects, so stay tuned.

Up for consideration: Friday morning practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment