Sunday, September 16, 2012

Oops!

Ladies,

It would appear I've messed up. I didn't stop by the paper yesterday because we had no results to report, other than the medals you each earned in individual races. As the results were incomplete, I thought it better to wait until we had complete results and see if we could get them all in together. Seeing the boys results today tells me I might have made a mistake.

That changes nothing from the effort you put out. I think the race went pretty well, for the most part. We have answered some questions that needed answers, had some really nice races, and I'd have to believe we'd be in at least the top-5 teams overall. I just hated to say that and find out differently later. I will see if I can get the results in the paper when they finally arrive this week.

As I posted yesterday, I can calculate our total time and measure that against last year. I can't see how we could be less than 5th based on that measurement, but it's all very specious. We'll see in the next couple of days.

Going forward, we need to look at the BNL course this week. We'll do intervals on Tuesday, tempo on Wednesday. We will run a bit on the course, but again, because of injuries, we need to keep this limited. Depending on the weather and how things look on Wednesday, we may run the tempo there. It's going to be my call, ladies, and I reserve the right to make it game day.

Teams we want to watch this week:

Seymour - they are our Conference rivals for 2nd place. Floyd is too deep to realistically imagine beating this year, but there's no reason we can't fight it out for 2nd. Seymour has the really good #1 (Zoe), but like Salem, they aren't very deep. We are deeper, if not quite as good on the front. Our goal is to narrow our gap from our #1-#5 as much as possible. If we don't, they'll clobber us in a big meet like this.

Salem - Sectional rival for 3rd place. Our path to Semi-State travels through them. We really need to be 3rd at Sectional if we want to be 5th for Regional.

Paoli - they have a nice runner or two on the front, and if we want to have a shot to get individuals past the top 16, we have to watch them.


No comments:

Post a Comment