Monday, September 24, 2012

...And time races by...

Heh. Never been one afraid of pounding a point home...

As the picture suggests, we are indeed doing 800s tomorrow. It's a pivotal workout - actually, both tomorrow and Wednesday's workouts are. I turned in the Conference roster today, and it's been narrowed to 10 runners. I have to decide Saturday morning who will run.

Much of that decision of course is based on time - who are the fastest seven runners based on race times? However, there's more to that equation, so before I opt to name the runners now, I need to consider the whole of this week to assess who has the best chance to advance the team.

It's simple. We are fighting for 2nd, which is extremely realistic, though not a given. We've seen everyone else but Columbus East, so I have to like our chances. I think, especially if we run as we should, 2nd is easily within grasp. Therein lies the hook.

We have a lot of girls that are far from 100%. I need to see who is healthy and who is not before making the call. I'm pretty sure of the top-5, but the last 2 slots could be filled by many of you. And here's another thought; would resting a couple of you make you better for Sectional, a much harder path for us?

Ahh... that's why I wear the big-boy pants. Decision time!

So... we'll be going hard after the 800s tomorrow, and yes, we'll do a tempo the next day. I'm telling you now, no, challenging you now to be up for it. Don't look away, stare right at it, steel your mind to be tough and handle what you must. Taper is almost here, don't blink now!

The boys are scouting the Conference course tomorrow... they'll give us the intel on Wednesday. I've run it before, but it was 15 years ago, and I can't remember much other than it was flatter than our course. That means we'll likely see fast times IF we can manage the choke points on the course.

But, to the task at hand...

Carrie, Danielle - 3:05
Shelby - 3:10
Alli, Keeley - 3:15
Chloe, Locki, Bret -3:25
Diana - 3:45

No comments:

Post a Comment